It is currently 31 Aug 2014, 06:12

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 41 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: PIG LIVES
PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012, 10:14 

So, been a while since i've been on here. So this is good news! Never was much of a Cubante fan, but i trust Raymond's choice =o]

Though, TBH, i would have expected him to hook up with Slick Idiot after the whole Wax Trax show. THAT would yield some interesting results =o]

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2012, 05:24 

VVV wrote:
Though, TBH, i would have expected him to hook up with Slick Idiot after the whole Wax Trax show. THAT would yield some interesting results =o]

I've never really listened to SI outside of Dick Nity but I've been wanting this to happen for a long time.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2012, 17:13 

From the Cubanate facebook page:
Quote:
Sorry I've been slow - last couple of weeks I've mainly been writing TV treatments about the problems of creating a culture of innovation in developing economies. But I have now finished a mix of the new Pig track, "Drugzilla". I promise Pig fans that I will push him to get a version out ASAP, even if he tweaks it later. But the Lord moves in mysterious ways.

I'm excited again :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2012, 06:58 

http://soundcloud.com/marc-heal/drugzilla-marc-heal-rough-as-a

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2012, 09:28 

damn! came around a bit sooner then i thought. good to hear ray again!

2nd listen. not too bad at all. good good

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2012, 09:38 

Kinda makes me think zappa/cooper goes techno-industrial.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2012, 09:41 

seems a little to bare bones so far, but I like the idea. Would be good to hear some more layers & some orchestral samples maybe. Good to hear Raymond going a new direction though. I approve.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2012, 12:19 

http://soundcloud.com/marc-heal/drugzil ... rough-as-a

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2012, 12:25 

I think you guys are pussy with your criticism. After all it's titled "bare bones". Be happy you have new fucking music. Fucking MasterPIG.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2012, 18:53 

chr15 wrote:
Kinda makes me think zappa/cooper goes techno-industrial.

This is a fair assessment. I think it's the levels right now (Marc seems to let the vocals out more than R usually does) but I like Marc's take on it.

I do love the structure. It's like he found his drawer of (twisted, gnarly, rusted) hooks and putting them in the right places.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2012, 19:06 

AusPIG wrote:
I think you guys are pussy with your criticism. After all it's titled "bare bones". Be happy you have new fucking music. Fucking MasterPIG.

What are you talking to me? I prefer to go through life saying what I honestly think. I'm not just going to praise every thing he does because he is one of my favorite musicians. It's because I respect him so much that I am going to say the first thoughts that come to my mind, & not censor what I think. If it had blown my socks off as a lot of his other tunes do, I would have said so. I gave a positive review, though.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2012, 00:31 

chris didnt say anything bad. at first i mentioned the part were ray does that high pitch whiney thing and thought i donno about that but didnt want to rip being its been awhile..on 2nd listen i didnt mind that part as much. its a good tune and the title shows his sense of humour which has always made me like him THAT much more !!

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2012, 02:17 

I've had this song stuck in my head all day. I personally wouldn't mind if this was the final product. I really dig it.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2012, 02:53 

was having a coffee/smoke on the patio and i had the main riff stuck in my head ;) i dont think it sounds so rough either Jav.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2012, 06:56 

I like what I'm hearing & I hope there's more in the future. Good stuff.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2012, 01:50 

you cant expect an artist to keep putting out the same style of music. almost every kmfdm album grows on me....even though i want it to sound like nihil/angst. of course i want every pig song to sound like flesh fest or my sanctuary, but people evolve and so do their influences. new work by raymond is a good thing. so this pig's happy....

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2012, 06:29 

bob wrote:
at first i mentioned the part were ray does that high pitch whiney thing and thought i donno about that but didnt want to rip being its been awhile..on 2nd listen i didnt mind that part as much.

That's one of my favorite aspects of the "Drugzilla" rough mix. For years I've felt like Raymond has kind of been on autopilot with the vocals, doin' the same "down 'n' dirty" growl with no variation. I mean, that's not entirely true; "Kundalini" sees him doing some higher singing.

It's just nice to hear him giving the vox a bit of range. That's one thing I love about early PIG. Fucking "Hildelinde", man. I'm sure Watts probably sees that track as completely embarrassing now, but I love hearing an artist just kind of step out of their element a bit. "Never for Fun" with the falsetto vox. "Angel". Amazing.

That high-pitch whine is fucking awesome. Hope to hear more vocal range on this new album.

And as I mentioned in the other thread, I could do without the orchestral samples this time around. I feel it's become dry. Granted, pre-Sinsation will always be my favorite PIG, but I feel like Wrecked and onward with the fusing of hard electronics, guitar riffs, and orchestral samplings doesn't gel too well. It was refreshing hearing something a bit new with Pigmartyr, dropping the orchestra and other-genre spicings and just goin' for straight-up, hard-edged guitars and synths.

Now we have a song that's mostly synths, with a guitar riff that's more similar to the repeated rock riffs on earlier work as opposed to the heavy metal ones from more recent albums. I'm lovin' it, and I hope the rest of the album will be similarly sexy with a primary focus on synths with some sprinklings of industrial rock riffs here and there.

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2012, 13:09 

Just hearing new stuff coming out of Raymond has me all tingly, and yeah... Count me in gang. May not be my favorite PIG song of all time but I really like it!

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2012, 02:28 

the swining/red raw & sore to me is a fine example of the orchestra samples working to their best with the rest of what ray does. theirs such a clean sorta vibe to some of those songs. i just feel it as clean sounding and crisp.

funny you say that about Wrecked. thats one of the best Pig cds when it comes to the 'industrial' sound and weird noises mixed to an unbelievable creative way. their is some serious magik going on with wrecked. i do undestand how that hard hitting sound can tire but for that type of sound its way too fuckin crazy but in a good way! 8-)

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2012, 20:04 

Abnormal Freak wrote:

It's just nice to hear him giving the vox a bit of range. That's one thing I love about early PIG. Fucking "Hildelinde", man. I'm sure Watts probably sees that track as completely embarrassing now, but I love hearing an artist just kind of step out of their element a bit. "Never for Fun" with the falsetto vox. "Angel". Amazing.

That high-pitch whine is fucking awesome. Hope to hear more vocal range on this new album.

I don't think he finds those embarrassing at all. He seemed to cringe far more over really simple 4/4 type stuff. I'm pretty sure he insisted on Never For Fun being included in an auto-player a few years ago.

Hildelinde was what sealed that album for me. It balanced out Shit For Brains and the whole thing made total sense to me. There's a LOT of humour in PIG that, shockingly, people seem to miss when he's just got the evils on.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 41 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next