It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 02:09

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Mellan Rummen
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2011, 13:25 

Anyone else the get Mellan Rummen tracks?

Tracklisting:
1. Dr. Shinto - The Big Epitome
2. Raymond Watts - The Coming Room
3. Raymond Watts & John Gosling - Preach
5. Dr. Shinto - Without a Context

Post subject: Re: Mellan Rummen
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2011, 13:42 

http://www.amazon.com/Mellan-Rummen-Exp ... 3&sr=301-1

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2011, 15:06 

You can listen to them in full at their myspace: http://www.myspace.com/mellanrummen

And the same version of "Preach" can of course be bought from this very site, which means that the money goes straight to Raymond.

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2011, 15:30 

OHMYGODJUSTSAWTHISONITUNESBUYSANDISHAPPY!!!

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2011, 23:01 

How nice of them to offer free downloads to those of us who pre-ordered 2 years ago :roll:

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2011, 06:46 

Still waiting on my physical release....

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2011, 16:14 

They're lying, thieving bastards. Don't give them a penny if you haven't already.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2011, 16:59 

Fuck I bought it on iTunes....
:oops: :oops: :oops: *feels ashamed* :oops: :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2011, 03:43 

Does anyone know if Raymond can release his other track for sale and if not, can someone who bought them post a link for download? I'll be glad to pay another dollar for "The Coming Room" if the money goes directly to Raymond, but otherwise I'm not wasting any more of my money.

Edit: Nevermind. I didn't notice that the full version of "The Coming Room" was on myspace. I just assumed it was a sample like "Preach"

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2012, 19:30 

So what's the deal with this? I somehow missed that it had been released separately from the book or whatever. "Lying, thieving bastards"? Does that mean none of the sales from iTunes or Amazon go to Raymond? If I can't buy 'em, where can I get the full songs?

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2012, 11:14 

thepigpen wrote:
They're lying, thieving bastards. Don't give them a penny if you haven't already.

I called that shit. Hell, more than a year ago after the first hold-up, I was drawing it :lol:

PostPosted: 09 Apr 2012, 07:41 

fwiw, Raymond got paid his fee.

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2012, 04:18 

I never got my money back, motherfuckers.

PostPosted: 13 Nov 2012, 09:02 

I purchased Mellan Rummen via iTunes I was unaware he wasn't getting money , as I understood it artists get cuts via apple....there are 2 different versions (clean version) & (explicit version) . I purchased the (explicit version) Although only (preach) is labeled explicit . My question is what exactly was so explicit about the track?

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2012, 04:00 

Raymond needs to stop working with these sketchy upstarts who exploit his fanbase, or at least start using extreme discretion in whom he chooses. He might've been paid, but his fans got robbed. Not the first time I've spent $40-$60 on a new Pig/Watts item through the official label channels, only to be robbed. This has hardly been an anomaly in the post-90s Pig era. Tons of Pig fans got ripped off.

This guy promised a book and super limited CD of exclusive material, at an enormous cost. He took pre-orders, likely made hundreds, if not thousands, delayed promises of a release over and over, until the time to file a paypal dispute long expired, then of course stiffed all the buyers. No one cared about his stupid novel, but they paid huge import rates, because they cared about Pig. Now, post robbery, he sells it via iTunes, milking even more out of Pig fans. If I were a musician, I'd be livid someone was doing that to the people who support me.

It's a total repeat of the Grand debacle, who did the same thing. It's no wonder Pig fans get so cynical. Raymond may get paid in the short term, but running with these thieves only hurts Pig severely in the long run, because it ruins the trust of his fanbase. In an era when everything can be downloaded for free, a loyal few still pay their hard-earned money anyways, only to get robbed. Why Pig tolerates this, over and over, is inexplicable to me. IMO, Pig should give away these tracks for free, as amends for all the people who got robbed, and to ensure that thief stops earning MORE sales via iTunes. The fact that nothing was ever done by Pig, not even a simple public denouncement of the activities of King Ink/Queen Ink or Grand Recordings, who tricked and robbed Pig's fans for untold sums, is borderline inexcusable to me. At least the fans took it upon themselves to caution other fans of these scams. I remember when Interscope was overcharging for NIN music in Australia, Trent told the whole continent to refuse to buy it and steal it instead, and went on to publicly blast the label over and over. Pig scams just seem to go by with no recourse, time and again.

PostPosted: 15 Nov 2012, 01:06 

well said, i agree with what your saying. on a positive note i never got ripped off and i did order a 'watts' shirt from grand recordings but they gave me the money back cause it was taking so long. i did get a signed cd from them and all was well. as far as the book goes i felt it was dumb anyway and never bothered ordering a book thats in a different language for a few pig tracks or whatever it was. i hope the ones that got burned get what they deserve!

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2012, 00:43 

bob wrote:
well said, i agree with what your saying. on a positive note i never got ripped off and i did order a 'watts' shirt from grand recordings but they gave me the money back cause it was taking so long. i did get a signed cd from them and all was well. as far as the book goes i felt it was dumb anyway and never bothered ordering a book thats in a different language for a few pig tracks or whatever it was. i hope the ones that got burned get what they deserve!

Yeah, I know some people got fucked by grand recordings, but I got my CD and i got it on time. No one has gotten anything from this mellan rummen shit.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2012, 22:34 

I didn't deal with anything to do with the release of this thing, so I've been chomping at the bit. I can't informatively speak on either side of it, but I just wanted it noted that I didn't ignore it, I've told Raymond that his next release has to be impeccably dealt with and why, and I hope for the best.

Raymond isn't on the internet much and doesn't take to it to yell about everything that pisses him off, so perhaps it appears he doesn't care. The issue with Grand Recordings, he was plenty fucked off about, but the best he could do was find another way to release it. (Though people went bananas about it being mixed too loud, etc. Ha.)

The Mellan Rummen thing is something else entirely. It wasn't a PIG release. It was someone's project to which he was supposed to supply a sort of supplemental soundtrack, but which wound up not being the case for reasons unknown to me, something between them. The rest of the activity - the RW 'music site' and so forth was probably borne of frustration of not having a professional personal site, but there was clearly some sort of upheaval in their dealings that resulted in a total break.

Dealing with Raymond sometimes winds up in periods of silence while he stews on what a dick you're being without you quite knowing it. People he's known for years that have cheated him in ways they don't think he knows about will never get an earful from him. He just withdraws and never trusts them again. But as a result, they just think he's unreliable and has dropped out of touch because he can't be bothered. And because he doesn't get on the internet and burn holy hellfire about it, the fans never know. I can't make him do it. If I knew what the fuck happened with those guys, I'd tell you myself because I have no bones about making noise, but I don't know.

I do know that us putting a demo of one of the songs up here caused some issue. I'm not sure why - it's not like people wouldn't want to hear the real mix anyway.

Overall, it's frustrating as hell to be a PIG fan but the people with the money to back things are kind of dickish about things, and the people who have the integrity to treat fans and artist alike with respect don't have the cash to put out to get something made.

This could of course all be avoided with a good logistics guy sitting next to Raymond, and a big fat pre-order once everything's mixed and absolutely ready to drop.

Marc Heal is a good logistics guy, has integrity and isn't interested in ripping artists and fans off to make a living.

Hmmm.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2012, 01:09 

i log on here just about everyday. its part of a routine/habit due to something i have liked for a long time. (pig/raymond). of course we are wondering whats up and hope to hear news once in awhile but thats the way she rolls!. its nice to hear reasons for things though, it helps keep things fresh. thanks for the info johnny.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2012, 03:08 

Yeah, thanx Johnny. Now since we know as much as we know let's let this thread die.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next